Thursday, January 22, 2009

JOIN ME AT THE MAYOR’S PANCAKE BREAKFAST ON SATURDAY

It has been a few days since my last blog posting and I would like to take the opportunity to fill you in on what has been happening.

I spent some time with my family late last week and over the weekend. On Friday I joined my 6 year old grandson Stefano at his school for a day with the scientists. It was a truly enjoyable experience. The students learned about various shapes and the difference between span and enclosure. Boy, did I get a greater appreciation for our teachers. It brought a whole new meaning to the term “patience is a virtue”.

Earlier this week at City Hall we began interviews for a new Integrity Commissioner. This is a core component of our “Working Together for Vaughan” campaign. I am hoping we can fill this position as soon as possible because it is crucial to helping improve accountability and transparency.

Talking about the “Working Together for Vaughan” campaign, I began meeting with Members of Council this week. I had hoped to meet individually so we could have a forthright conversation about where we need to go as a City and how Council can work better together. Unfortunately, Joyce Frustaglio brought along Councillor Shefman for her meeting and Peter Meffe brought along Mario Ferri. I expressed disappointment that they didn’t feel they could come and meet with me privately. With that being said, they were productive meetings, but I believe they could have been better as one-on-one’s. I will keep you posted on the progress of future meetings.

Finally, don’t forget, the Mayor’s Annual Pancake Breakfast is this Saturday (January 24) at the Vellore Village Community Centre at 1 Villa Royale Avenue in Vaughan. It runs from 10am until 12:30pm and DooDoo the clown will be there to entertain the kids. I encourage everyone to come out and join me. The food is great and better yet, it’s free.

No comments:

Post a Comment